It's unique hand-painted leather letters designating the carrier's fleet number CVA-59, a hand-blocked sketch of the actual ship on the back of the jacket and the famed Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club patch on back. The original jacket Cockpit found had the original fur collar removed and a leather collar mounted on the jacket probably because the original pilot/owner spent most of his time in warm weather and did not need the mouton fur collar normally specified for this jacket.The jacket features 1950 style pocket flaps as well as the authentic insignia of fighter squadrons deployed on the aircraft carrier USS "Forrestal" in 1967: VF84 Jolly Rogers flying F-4B Phantoms and VF-41 Black Aces, also flying F-4 Phantoms. In addition, the right chest features the original Vietnam era 1966 patch from VA65, an attack squadron which flew A6's off the USS Constellation when Forrestal had a fire which almost destroyed the ship. Squadrons that were on the Forrestal were redeployed to the Constellation including VA-65. Cockpit USA is the only manufacturer that could even dream of executing this vintage aged jacket. The Cockpit insignia appears on the left breast. For the purist it is sewn and can be professionally removed, if desired, which would give the appearance of the space where the original pilot's name plate appeared during his service in the US Navy.
• Genuine vintage goatskin, for a battle worn look
• Snap down leather collar
• Bi-swing back for greater mobility
• Embroidered patches faithfully reproduced
• Hand blocked depiction of aircraft carrier on back
• Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club patch on back
• Satin lining with boxstitched sewn neck loop
• Tapered sleeves with flared knit cuffs and waistband
• Top entry front pockets with vintage flap design (no side pockets)
• Full zip front over wind flap with USN perforated stamp
• Vented underarm gussets
• Inside chest pocket
• Brown only
• Trim Military Fit
• Made in USA.